Location: Santa Cruz, CA
What an adventure!
My hobbies are special effects and dramatic makeup, comic books, video games, singing, and writing.
|Hair Texture:||Dry, Normal|
FAQIs that you in your profile picture? Did you do that makeup?
- Yes, that is me! I did that zombie makeup for a costume contest. I have more detailed pictures of various SFX looks on both myself and my fiance in my photos.
You're a writer? What do you write?
- I enjoy writing fiction and fan-fiction.
Fan-Fiction? What are your fandoms?!
- Peter Pan (novel and 2003 film), Phantom of the Opera (both novel and musical), and Harry Potter (books). I don't necessarily stick to plot canon, but I very rarely create original characters in fan-fiction.
You sing? What do you sing?
- Technically I can sing anything from a contralto to a soprano, but my tessitura is mezzo-soprano. I can also belt (Broadway, not bel canto). I am able to sing a little opera, but I'm not formally trained. My favorite things to sing are Cher, Elton John and Tim Rice's "AIDA", and Andrew Lloyd Webber's "The Phantom of the Opera" and "Love Never Dies."
Where do you get your information/are you a scientist?
- I do consider myself a scientist. My academic background was physical anthropology (concentration in archaeology), which included fundamentals of scientific research, osteology and human pathology, lithic analysis, art history, psychology, chemistry (both organic and inorganic), and I was minoring in food science (which covers chemistry of everything ingestible, as well as ingredients that are added to both food as well as many other consumer products such as dyes, preservatives, flavoring, amino acids, etc.).
Due to health issues that caused me to change career paths, I graduated with a BSB instead; but I retain access to academic resources such as textbooks, journals, databases, and lectures. I frequently reference these resources in my posts on Beautylish.