Free shipping on all orders over $35 in the U.S.!

Is there such a thing as a wavy perm?

Sort By

May 19, 2012

Hannah A.

I have super straight hair. It's really frizzy if I don't do anything with it. Is there anyway of doing like a perm but not so curly?

May 19, 2012

Momo T.

Yes, I'm pretty sure there is! :D If you go to a stylist and just tell them what you want they'll most likely be able to do it for you. Ask them for that beach wave look!

May 19, 2012


A permanent wave is what will make your hair wavey not curly, thats the best option i am recommending as a cosmetologist in nyc!!!

yes there is! theres different types of purms, not just curls. you can get different styles of waves.

May 19, 2012

Dana K.

Yes, it's called a digital perm. They are really pretty loose curls. Here's a picture of what it might look like. 

May 27, 2012

Ayah B.

It depends on the size of the rods :p

May 27, 2012

Autum D.

i have really straight hair too, and i tried to do a perm to make my hair wavey instead or curly, and it did absolutely nothing :/ idk how they work really, so idk what went wrong. but it looked like i hadnt even done anything to my hair :(
maybe your hair isnt as stubborn as mine though, good luck! :)

Jun 05, 2012

Raisa H.

Yes, it's called a digital perm, sometimes known as body wave too. I had it done a few years ago. It gave me really nice waves.

I'm with Ayah. The rods and the method of rolling plays a big factor in the type of curl you end up. The smaller the rod the tighter the curl. The larger the rod the looser the curl which can result in a wave. There are rods and there are loops. If you want a wave and not a curl then your stylist will need to use body wave rods which are the largest rods available (typically purple or orange).

Log in or join now to add a comment.