My Favourite Mascara
Mascara is my favourite part about doing my make-up. It was the first make-up item that truly changed how I looked. Just a coat of mascara on curled lashes makes me look awake instantly. That is why I am very picky when it comes to mascara.
- $25. It is pretty expensive for a mascara, but the results this gives me is so worth it.
- The mascara comes in a glossy, slightly curved, black tube. I am usually turned off by non-streamline packaging for mascaras with the mindset of "how is this going to get the most product onto my spoolie?" This type of packaging for this brush works.
- It has a few accents of gold on the end of the tube & brush. Overall, pretty minimalistic minus the text written on the tube.
- The cool thing about this mascara is that it still feels like a brand new mascara when pulling the brush out of the tube. The clay-like formula tugs on the spoolie ever so slightly ensuring that there is product on the brush and also making it easy to tell if the product has dried up or not.
- The curved brush has winding bristles which, when used properly, can ensure that lashes will be coated.
- (o1) Wiggle the brush into the base of lashes, and rotate the brush (I prefer forwards). This will catch all the lashes and coat them evenly.
- (o2) Once done with the top lashes, apply the whatever is left on the brush onto the lower lashes, wiggling at the base again, and combing through. This will give a soft, natural coat and ensure no clumping.
- (o3) For length, wiggle the wand at the ends of the top lashes and comb through. Go back to the base of the lashes and comb. Once at the end of the lashes, wiggle and comb to finish.
Quality & Formula:
- The only problem I experience with this mascara is that the clay-like formula does dry quickly making the second coat a little bit harder to comb through the lashes. Good for people on the go and needing something quick. Bad for people who take time.
- The texture of the formula is similar to that of waterproof mascara. It leans to the dryer side.
- I enjoy the formula because it also has the same consistency of Asian Mascaras. It feel like clay, but goes on smooth.
- BEWARE: when this mascara is brand new - the formula is very heavy and very wet. I did not like it at first and did not understand why. I realized that it was just PACKED with product. The consumer will get their money's worth, but it is somewhat of hassle wiping off some of the product before using it. Do not fret, this will not last very long and one may use the mascara as usual.
- This mascara does last me all day. However, if I go to bed without removing this - I tear up a LOT while I sleep (for some odd reason) - it will end up on my pillow, but not my face.
- This is the BLACKEST mascara I have ever owned and I only buy black mascaras. It is pure, Cleopatra Hair black.
- My friends thought I was wearing natural looking falsies with this on.
- I think Maybelline Volum' Express the Falsies would be a similar product to this. A lot cheaper, but the formula just is not the same. If you love that mascara, you should try Virtuose Black Carat.
Would I recommend this:
- Yes, I've already recommended this to my friends who were looking into buying new mascaras. If Curl, Volume, and Length are what you want in a mascara - this is it.