Definitely get what you pay for
It's great if you are starting out, need lots of bright colors for some reason, or are just short on cash. There are a few problems though. I get TONS of fallout every time I used these, so make sure to tap off excess product before application. The color builds very slowly and you need a good eye shadow base to grab the product. The colors are pretty nice, although I do wish there were less random bright colors and more nudes and browns. I guess I should have gone for the natural palette instead. The shimmer in some of the shadows looks quite... cheap. The packaging is alright - be sure not to drop it, the shadows will break easily. I bought mine on eBay, the shipping was fairly quick.
Best Starter Palette
Well, when I first started doing makeup, I bought this palette because it has everything you want, bright colours, highlights, natural colours and every other colour inbetween. I really love this palette and I still use it all the time.
Within saying that, the qualtie of the eyeshadows arent always the best, you need to wear a good primer other wise they will get gooey on your eye, but overall they are kind of good. Some of my colours have smashed so I'm not very happy about that, but still it is the best palette to get when you first start
You get what you pay for
First of all, I invested in this palete myself. I wasn't amazed with it, but I do think it is fairly good - average.
Main reason being - most of these mass palettes are generic. Coastal Scents, BH Cosmetics, etc.all sell generic mass palette make-up. The company itself does not make the eyeshadows found in the palettes. The eyeshadows in the palettes are nothing compared to the pan e/s BH is now selling (those, I believe, are most likely produced by the company itself).
- The shipping was quite fast. I don't live near a heavily populated area, so packages tend to take longer to reach me than normal people (what I mean is if the shipping says it will take 5-7 days. I usually get it on the 6th if I'm lucky). I got my palette a few days after I ordered it (I would say ... 4 days?).
- I opened my package to find loads of filler paper and bubble wrap to protect the palette. I felt like everything in it was entirely secure and did not worry about my e/s breaking.
** I only ordered the palette and nothing else.
- I was interested in the BH 120 2nd Edition because I liked the packaging better than Coastal Scents. I felt like the glossy plastic looked and felt more durable than other mass palettes, which was true in a sense.
- It has a sticker in the center-bottom, back part of the entire palette indicating what number palette you have. It also has a nice label that says when the e/s will expire.
- The layering is nice and the top panel fits snugly when put back in place. However, I feel as though that purple ribbon to "lift" the top layer is ridiculous. When I pull or tug on it, it doesn't really do anything. It is attached to the bottom layer which doesn't really do anybody any good. I am able to get the top panel in and out without worrying I'll accidentally fling it off into oblivion while trying separate the panels.
- Quite a few of the matte pastel colours just came off chalky. If it was mixed with the oil from my fingers, it would swatch pretty nicely. When applied, however, it was basically white with tinges of a different colour. If you're not too understanding of what I mean by this (or what chalky means) - Imagine getting cheap chalk and colouring the sidewalk with it. It's not a vivid, pretty hue. It's almost white, but if you look closely ... it isn't.
- The Shimmer e/s came off quite nicely, however, with little to no fallout - They seem more metallic than shimmery to me, though.
- The Satin e/s I like quite well and if I do use the palette, those are the ones I am drawn to first. Those are very nicely pigmented and true to the pan colour.
- The pricing is definitely reasonable. I feel like the packaging, the weight, and the amount of shadows were worth the price. MAC e/s - 9.6 USD per gram vs. BH 120 - 2 USD per gram (equivalent to approx. 12 e/s). *DISCLAIMER* - I wasn't able to find the exact gram amount for the BH120, but I heard that they were .10 grams per e/s
Would I recommend it?
- To be blunt, not really - not to everyone, at least.
- I feel like these palettes are great to give to anyone who would like to experiment around without spending too much money and who is striving to further themselves in make-up as a career or just daily use. I use it on my friends and play around with it, but I don't find myself reaching for it every single day.
- I would recommend spending the 29.90USD on a few single pan e/s that one would actually use regularly rather than 120 e/s that one would use occasionally.
Good but could be better:)
one thing i like about bh cosmetics is that there prices are reasonible. but when got this palette, well ive had it for about 5 months and im starting to realize some of the eyeshadows don't work as good as the others
My experience has been that this product is really soft but packs a lot of color. When I received it some of the e/s were broken up which deaded my excitement. I haven't used this palette much since I got it last year but when I do I'm mindful that many of the colors are just too soft which will provide a cleanup effort after application.
One day I was browsing online looking for different makeup sites (I needed more eye shadows) and I came across BH Cosmetics (http://www.bhcosmetics.com/) and I was so excited because they had so many colors and different palettes to choose from it took me a while to finally decided to purchase the 120 Eyeshadow Palette 2nd edition. I wear these eye shadows every time I wear makeup. There are so many colors to play with and that is what I really like because I like to mix and match eye shadows to created different looks.
I could not wait until my order came because I just wanted to start playing with my eye shadows!!! While I was waiting on my order I started to worry what if the eye shadows do not show up that good on my skin (I would have been so sad). I did not you anyone who has tried BH Cosmetics before so I decided to look on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/) and I found tons and tons of beauty lovers who have tried it and were very pleased. When my eyeshadow palette finally arrived it came well packaged which I was very happy about because no one wants their makeup to come to them broken. When I opened the package the colors looked so bright and beautiful ( I was so happy :)).
There are two different layers that come in this palette there is a mix of shimmer and matte colors which I love and there is every color you can think of in this palette. So if you like to match your makeup with your outfits or wear any color (like me) then this palette is definitely for you!!!! When I first starting wearing these eye shadows I would get so many compliments on my makeup because the colors are very pigmented and easy to see.
As you can see if you happen to be a diva that likes neutral or light colors then this palette is for you or if you are a diva that likes bright or dark colors then this is for you too. BH Cosmetics does a great job of mixing shimmer, mattes, light and dark colors all in one palette so you do not need to purchase a million different eyeshadow palettes for different colors. I have created so many different looks with this palette and I recommend all makeup lovers to give BH Cosmetics a try.
BH Cosmetics makeup palettes offer the most brilliant colors available on the market. They use only the highest quality of ingredients and they guarantee you will enjoy using there full line of makeup palettes. BH Cosmetics have more than eye shadows available and below I will list all of there other products which can be purchased on their website http://www.bhcosmetics.com/
BH Cosmetics Line of Eye shadows Palette Products Include:
120 Colors Eye shadows Palette (1st, 2nd, and 3rd Edition)
88 Colors Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette
88 Colors Tropical Matte Eyeshadow Palette
88 Colors Tropical Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette
88 Colors Neutral Eyeshadow Palette
28 Colors Neutral Eyeshadow Palette
Other BH Cosmetics Products Include:
10 Colors Professional Camouflage Concealer
26 Color Eyeshadow Palette Blush
10 Pcs. Deluxe Makeup Brush Set
10 Colors Palette Professional Blush
66 Color Palette Lip Gloss
32 Colors Palette Lip Color
I love this palette.!!!
During the sametime of me buying the 120 1st generation palette I also got the 120 2nd generation palette and I'm glad I bought it. Again it has a large amount of colors they are pigmented. With that being said I have the ability to create many different looks with this item and I love that.!!!! Also it's very inexpensive. Good quality for a low price and I love this palette for everyday use I also like this palette better than the 120 1st generation palette for some reason.
I love the pigmentation of the colors. This allows me to create all kinds of looks......I could play with this all day but I do have to go to work. I started using this pallette first until I was able to blend properly and mix without caution!!!! I love the looks i am able to achieve with this pallette.