FINALLY! A foundation for oily skin!
This product is fabulous......I am VERY oily.......short of being able to fry something on my face.....anyway.....this product is the ONLY product that I have seen stay put all day. Phenomenal.....its buildable, its literally liquid powder.....we can go on and on about this and rave about how great this works....truth is...if you have oily skin, and are sick of having your foundations slide of your face mid- day, then this is definitley worth a try. ;)
Hands Down Best Foundation!
As a professional makeup artist who has used and experimented with hundreds of foundations, I have never come across a foundation like this. I reccomend using the MAC 130 Short Duo Fibre Brush, as the foundation morphs from liquid to powder instantly and you wont waste product using this brush. This is a amazing matte coverage foundation and literally looks and feels like you have nothing on. No primer or setting powder necessary! Only flaw is the price at $64.00. This foundation is just amazing! http://www.jenuweinlooks.com
I have tried almost every department store brand of foundation that claims to be amazing for oily skin. It doesn't matter the brand, how expensive or how wild the claims, they have never worked for me. It's gotten to the point where I've been wary of spending over a certain amount on trying a new foundation because more often than not, the bottle sits mostly-full in my desk because it just didn't work.
So when my favorite Sephora staff recommended Hourglass Immaculate to me, I was a little afraid because of the price tag. At $55, it's certainly an investment. I figured I'd give it a try on a leap of faith.
It's been about four months and I've never been happier with a foundation. Instead of looking like an oil slick or like I'm not wearing any foundation whatsoever, I have now achieved the lovely state of "dewy." Instead of having to reapply my makeup throughout the day, I can simply blot on my more oily areas (mainly my nose and chin) and continue on with my day. I don't have to angst about whether or not my skin looks disgusting all day.
• Easy-to-apply with a brush. The box recommends against using a sponge because of the liquid-to-powder nature of the formula. It has a somewhat thin, paint-like consistency that's super-easy to blend;
• The coverage is very buildable. Because it's a powder-like finish, you can add more product to the areas that need it without looking like a birthday cake;
• As I mentioned before, my oil problems are not nearly as intense as they were before;
• A little bit of foundation goes a lonnnng ways, making it feel more worth the price.
• It's very expensive. $55 a bottle is nothing to laugh at.
• The plunger on the bottle is notoriously terrible. Mine has never worked and many reviewers online say similar things. For me, this isn't a big deal, I just open the bottle, swipe my brush along the rim and do it like that. But I can understand how it'd be annoying.
• It's VERY sheer upon first application (but buildable). This is a con if your skin isn't very clear already, so if you have bad acne or dark spots that you want to cover, this might not be for you.
• Some of the shades seem a little yellow at first (mine does) but it blends very nicely to suit your skintone
• You need to wear less primer than you normally would with this foundation, because otherwise it can look a little flaky if you slather on primer. (This has the added benefit of making your primer last longer!)
• You can also use less loose powder to set it since it turns to powder upon drying.
I wish it weren't as expensive, but I'm actually still on my first bottle of it, so it seems to last a long time. It's a great product that I love and it's truly transformed my makeup wearing experience.