This week's guest Blogger/Youtuber
Show More This week's guest Blogger/Youtuber
Hey Guys and Dolls!
As the title suggests I'm looking to start having guest bloggers here on VoT as a way to get exposure for some up-and-comers and also to get a little variety going on. YouTube/ the Blogosphere is a beauty community; we should all have a voice and I know there is so much under-appreciated talent out there! I'm subscribed to/read so many underrated Vloggers/Gurus/Goobers/Bloggers on YouTube and because the community is so saturated now I know it can be hard to get noticed these days. Also I want to mention that you don't HAVE to have a blog or a YouTube channel to be featured on my blog- in fact I'd LOVE to feature posts from just every day readers/viewers. There is some criteria that I will require in order to have your post used:
*In order to be considered you must submit the following:
*Since I'm looking for guest-bloggers you need to submit and actual blog-post- don't just send me links.
* Please introduce yourself! The whole point is to get your face out there and entice my readers to come check you out also! Just a brief " Hi, I'm Kelly and I like eyeshadow " is fine- I know it can feel weird to up-talk yourself. Also I want some type explanation of the post: your inspiration, what it is you intend to review, why you love this/are passionate about it. Passionate blogs are successful blogs, so let yours shine.
*If you're doing a Tutorial or a Face of the Day I'd like to have at least 2 photos of your look, one eye close-up and one full face. I know some of you may be camera-shy so I won't be strict on this, but that is my preference. Also please don't photo-shop yourself to death. Editing out a blemish or stray brow hair is one thing but "over-shopping" shows a lack of self-confidence. Obviously for fashion posts, nail posts etc you don't have to show a full-face :P
* For Tutorials, Nail art, Face of the day, or some other type I haven't thought of, you must include a list of the products you used. We'll want to recreate it so let us know what you used to make that magic!
*I'd prefer to only feature posts where you only use cruelty-free products because that is in keeping with the philosophy of my blog, HOWEVER I won't disqualify you for using products from say, L'oreal. I know not everyone can find cruelty free products they can afford -- teens especially may be inheriting mom's cast-offs and in anycase I'm not here to pass judgment or tell you what to buy. Wait, what's the point of my blog again? We're getting off-topic....Anyway, I want to encourage "Use what you have/what you can get" but I want to know what YOU used- we can all GOOGLE for dupes if needed.
* For reviews I would like swatches of color-products like lipstick, eyeshadow, blush, eyeliner, etc... obviously you don't need to swatch foundation, lotion etc...
* Quality is important. You will be a guest-writer for my blog so I'd like to maintain a certain level of quality- that said, it doesn't have to be perfection! The main thing is that we want to be able to see what you did/what you're doing. If your picture is blurry/terrible lighting we won't be able to really see much. I think both Misschevious and temptalia have posts on photography if you need some pointers.
*If anything you use in your post was send for review consideration you must disclose- it's the law and you will be held accountable if you don't comply.
* The Complete Blog Post with an introduction, pictures, list of Products, links to a video/youtube channel/blog-EVERYTHING needs to be sent in one tidy email to firstname.lastname@example.org . I want to be able to read it, and then file it with my folder of future-features, and then when the time comes I can more or less just copy and paste it onto my blog. The easier you make this for me the more likely you'll be selected :)
*If you forget something in your first email don't stress, just re-send it.
* You can submit more than one post, but don't Spam me with the same post over and over, or 3 posts a week. No one likes being bombarded.
*There's not deadline:) You don't have to use your most recent post. Submit what you are passionate about and whatever it is that makes you different.
* Send Posts to email@example.com
* Wait- One more thing- HAVE FUN! I'm looking for people who love makeup/hair/nails/fashion and just want to share their point of view/skills. That doesn't mean that you have to act bubbly if you're not bubbly or calm if you're not calm, I just mean don't fuss over being perfect- just be yourself!
I'm excited about this, are you? I look forward to seeing your posts!
On my nails I'm wearing China Glaze LOL- best Purple Holo polish ever!