Layering on makeup - especially eyeshadow isn't a good idea if you're planning to go deep in the ocean and splash for hours of fun in the waves. However, if you're going for a more relaxing day at the beach in the warm sand or a nice afternoon of natural sun tanning and you want to spruce up a bit, this look may be for you. It's also a great look to wear to a nighttime beach house party, a summer party night or any cruise night event. With it's dark blue, shimmering browns and bronze tones - it simply says summer!
Show More Layering on makeup - especially eyeshadow isn't a good idea if you're planning to go deep in the ocean and splash for hours of fun in the waves. However, if you're going for a more relaxing day at the beach in the warm sand or a nice afternoon of natural sun tanning and you want to spruce up a bit, this look may be for you. It's also a great look to wear to a nighttime beach house party, a summer party night or any cruise night event. With it's dark blue, shimmering browns and bronze tones - it simply says summer!
This look was inspired by the midnight blue sky over the ocean at night and tropical sunsets. I was also inspired by some magazine photoshoots of exotic women in dark blue lighting, hence the smokey blue effect used on the eyes on this look :P
When going to the beach, it best to let your skin breathe. Skip foundation and powder and just focus on sunscreen and bronzer. If you absolutely must use foundation, use it lightly - just dab and blend it onto the blemish areas, instead of the entire face. And remember, foundation doesn't count as sunscreen! Even if it has something like SPF 8 or 15, always apply at least SPF 30 BEFORE your makeup and reapply every 1-3 hours of sun exposure.
And hydrate! A gulp of cold water while sun tanning is one of the best feelings in the world :)
What I Used:
By mercy & good riddance you do not NEED all of these nor the exact brand names to create this look or even, a better look! Use what you have and tweak things to your liking. Remember, tutorials are guides created to help you and give your some sparks of ideas, not laws to be followed :)
* OLAY Moisturizer (SPF 15)
* IQQU Advance Sunscreen (SPF 35)
* Bare Bronze bronzer in Glow 1 (from Victoria's Secret)
* Pink Fanbrush from Sephora
* Angled Blush Brush from Kirkland
* Bronze Goddess Bronzer from Flirt! (final bronzer used in tutorial)
* Kabuki Brush from Kirkland
---EYES & BROWS--
* Sephora Photo Finish Lid Primer
* Eyebrow/Eyelash Brush (used to brush eyebrows)
* Coastal Scents 88 Eyeshadow Palette
* Claires 40 Shimmering Eyeshadow Palette
* Everyday Eyeshadow Brush from Sephora (yellow double-sided brush)
* Small eyeshadow Brush from Kirkland
* Loreal Hip Metallic Duo Eyeshadow (Shimmering Gold and Brown)
*Indigo MAC Eye pencil
* Revlon ColorStay black/noir eyeliner
* Colossal Mascara (yellow drugstore brand tube)
*Eyelash Curler from Kirkland
* SheLaq Makeup Sealant (from Sephora)
* Softlips Chapstick (SPF 20) in Vanilla
* Revlon Rose Velvet Lipstick
* Butter Pecan lipstick from Bare Esscentuals
* Beach Bronze Lipgloss from MK
Suggested To Bring in Video:
* Sunscreen (Neutrogena Spray-On Sunscreen shown)
* Waterbottle (I recommend getting an eco-friendly insulated bottle to keep water ice cold for hours in the hot sun!)
* Sephora Oil Blotting Wipes (get cheaper ones at drugstores e.g. by Clean&Clear)
* Body Lotion (from Bath & Body Works) -Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin scent shown
*Evian Facial Refreshening Spray (found in Sephora)
Celtic Rains - Enya - by Chillout Moods
Full Sail - by Ryan Farish
I recommend adding them to your playlist for a relaxation or feel-happy time :)
If you would like, feel free to follow me on Twitter:
Or interact with me on Facebook!
We have fun over there & you get to see sneak peek photos and sketches for upcoming looks!
Thank you always for your support and for trusting me by watching my tutorials :)
PS - At the very beginning, the random fish is my actual pet beta fish, Fishstopher! He is so cute and interactive. I didn't know how fun fish could be til he became a part of my life :P
NEVER SHAVE AGAIN!!! Easy, all natural DIY hair...
by Melissa G.
★ 3-Minute 3 EASY HAIRSTYLES | Fake...
by Tina - MakeupWearables L.
How To:Make Ur Eyelashes Look Long Like False...
by TheGlamWorld F.
Easy Nail Art For Beginners!!!
by MissJenFabulous F.
How To: The Perfect Hair Quiff / Poof / Bump
by Imogen Foxy Locks x.