Simple Everyday Red Lips
Hello, my friends! Today at The Cathy Diaries, we're talking about RED LIPS.
Red lips can be a little bit intimidating in some cultures and countries because it symbolizes SEDUCTION and SEXUALITY.
For example, every time my best friend puts on a red lipstick, her aunt would ask her to wipe it off her lips because she thinks it's too sexy. But, red also means LOVE, PASSION, and HAPPINESS. So, in this video, I'm going to show you that you CAN wear red lips on a CASUAL occasion. What's wrong with embracing your happiness with a little red, right? :)
Also, I would like to dedicate this video to my best friend all the way back in Indonesia, Melysa W. She is the one who inspires me to make this video so thank you for all the love and support! Can't wait to see you again! XOXO
P.S. I still can't believe I showed my BARE face to the whole wide world but hey, I'm just keeping it real here. Nobody's perfect! ;)
P.S.S. I hope this video inspires you to be more daring with your makeup. Express yourself!
WHY I PUT THE LIPSTICK FIRST?
Because If you put on your eye makeup or blush first, you could go a little overboard because you're trying to put color on your face. With the lipstick on, the color is already there, so you just need to add some finishing touches.
When wearing red lipstick, especially for a CASUAL occasion, I try to keep the rest of the face as SIMPLE as possible.
If you DO this look, PLEASE do one of the following:
- tag me on Instagram @TheCathyDiaries http://bit.ly/YAXK10 or
- use the hashtag #TheCathyDiaries or
- post it on my FB page here: http://on.fb.me/XESme4
I REALLY want to see it! ;)
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
- Revlon ColorStay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin in 220 Natural Beige
- Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in SX 05
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover in 03 Cream Vanilla
- Urban Decay Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder
- Lancome Color Design Lipstick in Scarlet Blaze (Holiday 2012 Edition)
- NYX Eye Brow Kit for Brunette
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer
- Loreal Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in 171 Blackest Black
- Lancome Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base
- Fairydrops Scandal Queen Mascara
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder
- bareMinerals blush in Gorgeous
- LORAC Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Highlighting Powder in Spotlight
- Sigma Round Top Kabuki F82
- Eco Tools Blending Brush
- MAC 187 Brush
- Lancome Liner Brush
- Sedona Lace EB19 Angled Liner Brush
- Sedona Lace FB03 Tulip Contour
- Tarte Eyelash Curler
- Sonia Kashuk Lash Comb
- Avon Heated Eyelash Curler
Get Ready with Me - Episode 2: Casual Green Smokey Eyes
Makeover Episode 1: Tangerine Crush
Makeover Episode 2: Spring Fling
Makeover Episode 3: Hello, Gorgeous!
Sexy, Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial for Monolids (Asian Eyes)
Marc Jacobs Daisy Inspired Nail Tutorial
How to Contour and Highlight(Slimmer Face, Nose and Chiseled Cheekbones)
LET'S BE FRIENDS!
Cherry by Josh Woodward
- Added Apr 16, 2013