Feb 23, 2011
I've been trying to get a business card made for a year now but I havn't seen anything that totally blew me away - and thats what I want.
I have a bit of an idea - foil imprints, antique background, scented but thats about it.
What have been some of the best business cards you've come across?
What do your own cards look like?
It there anything you beleive to be a MAJOR faux-pas when creating your MUA business card?
You can try looking on vistaprint.com
They have tons of designs for any business
Don't get scented, you don't know if the person may have a fragrance intolerance or may have someone near them with one. You can accidentally trip someone's allergies if your cards are scented.
I've never seen anyone's MUA business cards and am curious about what people have. I think something playful and colorful would be nice if you want a more edgy clientele or if you're aiming for a more sophisticated look go with the foil imprints and antique look.
I agree with Yasmin on the non-scented cards.
Moo.com makes business cards. They do photos on one side and your information on the other. You can upload photos of your work and Moo will try to make an equal amount of business cards with each photo. This is an easy way to promote your work.
Mar 16, 2011
The pixiwoo sisters had a business card they were given to personalize on their personal blog site, you should check it out, Sam's is gorgeous!
I believe it was the same site Amy suggested above. =D
Mar 17, 2011
I'm actually a graphic designer so this is kind of my area. ha ha ha If you don't mind I have TONS of suggestions for you all.
1. no scents. none. You don't want your clients remembering you in a bad way. So if your scent reminds them of a dumb ex then they probably will throw the card away never to call again.
2. Foil is a great way to make your card stand out... I love it. however, Its expensive to print. however, if you're willing to spend the money I say go for it. but only do it in small amounts, like your business name.
3. Die Cuts. This is another thing thats pretty expensive to get printed, but it will STAND out like crazy. I've seen business cards shaped like lips for makeup artists before.
4. Do NOT pick a vista print card. I know they have lots of styles to choose from, but trust me, someone else has your card. You don't want that it looks unprofessional and tacky. Its a cheap way to get started, but design your own. You can upload pictures to vista print and get 250 custom cards printed for like 50 bucks.
6. Use unique fonts. Just make sure they are readable!
http://tasteofinkstudios.com/ has LOTS of great examples for business cards. You can also get your stuff printed there. They are more costly then vista print but you don't have limitations.
As a makeup artist/graphic designer, I have two different styles of advertising. I have a business card, but I also have a post card that shows some of my work and the services I provide. I take the postcards to salons (ones I'm friends with that I know don't do makeup in the salon). I also take them to country clubs. That way when brides are looking for a place to get married, they see my information.
And now I'll conclude with, if any of you ladies want me to design your card leave me a comment and we can talk :)
Jun 29, 2012
I love the idea of a post card! i guess something like a glossy party flyer... a model was telling me abt getting a comp card so im tryin to decide which one to work on first.
Comments and topics that do not comply with these rules will be removed by Beautylish Staff.
Repeat offenders may be banned.
Beautylish is a diverse, positive and respectful community. It’s okay to disagree with someone, but be constructive and don’t be rude.
We have a zero tolerance policy toward rude comments, negativity and harassment.
Make posts easy to understand by using proper spelling, grammar and capitalization. Post topics in the correct category and do not make duplicate posts.
Duplicate, miscategorized, and difficult to understand posts will be deleted by Beautylish Staff.
Avoid self-promotion or commercial messages. Don’t post other people’s work and claim it as your own.
Contests, giveaways, swaps and exchanges are not allowed on Beautylish.
Use the flag button to report inappropriate or disrespectful behavior,
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.