.... Lots of Twists, and a Random Flower? I don't know what to call this...
So, I decided to play around with my hair one day, and I came up with this! I was actually really surprised and impressed with how well it came out, since I was literally just fiddling around with my hair! If anyone wants to try, I'll list the steps below as well as I can remember them:
1. Separate your hair in half, like you're going to do two ponytails.
2. Take two 2-inch strands of hair starting from my part, one on the left side of it and the other on the right.
3. Obviously, we can't work with both at the same time, so choose one of the strands, and start to twist it away from your face, gathering more hair as you go.
4. You should end up with a twisted line that goes from your part, along the hair line, behind the ear and to the nape of your neck, where the "ponytail" would begin.
5. Do the same thing to the other side.
6. Twist both until they meet, then proceed to do a rope-braid style with the remaining hair: twist the two ponytails around each other.
6. This is where it gets a little random: take the rope braid, twist it so it's tight and secure, and wrap it around once, as if you're starting a bun with it.
7. Create a knot with your hair. Seriously, take the end of the ponytail, and pull it through the loop of the bun you created.
8. Take the rest of the ponytail/rope braid thing, and wrap it around the knot to complete the bun.
9. If desired, add a flower or a bow or whatever other kind of accessory you desire.
I'm sorry if this sounds really confusing. I did this a long time ago, so I'm trying to remember it, myself.... but that's all I could do. :-/
- Added May 31, 2012